Saturday, August 19, 2006

Back in Rome...

19-21 August 2006:

I am back in Rome. It was not hard to leave Venice, as in love as I am with it. It is a great place to visit, but so small...and today was not the best weather...kinda overcast and rainy. So, riding the train away, I felt satisfied. I could go back, happily, and not feel like I've seen everything.

Last night I met Adam and Ocn. Adam is from the States and Ocn is Australian. She has as much of a gelato obsession as I did. She told me that she found a great gelato place with really exotic flavors and we decided to go for breakfast this morning. So, at 8:30 we headed out, only to be disappointed. It was closed! So, we ate the traditional backpacker breakfast instead: bread and Nutella. It was peaceful, in the little plaza we were sitting in.

I got to the train station and on my train, no problem. I may finally be getting the hang of these trains. Good thing.

Uneventful train ride to Rome. I went to the Galleria Borghese to make reservations. However, I lucked out, and got the last entry of the day! Talk about AMAZING! That visit made coming back to Rome worth it. I loved it! There were amazing statues by Bernini and a fabulous exhibit on Raphael. Talk about awesome!! So, the complete art nerd that I am, I loved it!

I even felt pretty cool when I caught a bus that went directly to my hostel (I remembered it from the last time I was here). Cool!

Ok...gotta jet!

No comments: