Friday, August 18, 2006

I am in love...

It is true. I have fallen in love. I didn't plan for it to happen (you never do). It just hit me like a ton of bricks. I have fell in love in Europe!! Great!! What to do?? There is no way to deal with these things across an ocean!!

So, yesterday, I stepped off the train and saw my new love: VENICE!!! Talk about THE most beautiful city I have been to. I loved Stockholm and it has its own beauty...but Venice has the romance...the mystery...the secrets. It has a feel to it, so old and so alive! I know, I know...I am starting to sound like a tour guide for Venice (actually, I just copied that all out of my guide book....JUST KIDDING!).

Ok...I called my parents yesterday and my Dad said that Oslo was my last update! Yikes! I am sorry! Here is the brief rundown:

From Oslo I caught a plane to Hamburg, Germany. It was really frustrating not being able to speak the language, read the signs, etc. German sounds so harsh. I was thinking that German should be my next foreign language...very useful, but...I just don't love it like I do Italian!!

In Hamburg I relaxed with my friend, Kristian. It was great to relax. We saw went to the art museum, the Japanese gardens, a church, walked around downtown, ate too much Italian food (in Germany, go figure!), and kebabs (these amazing pita sandwiches with shaved meat in them...they're amazing!! The best fast food I've had! I am definitely going to start a kebab stand when I get home!).

From Hamburg, I spent 3 wonderful days in Vienna with my friend, Dan. We saw tons...which I will update on soon. I have to get going.

I went from Vienna to Venice and am now in love. I am going to meet up with two Canadian girls I met on the train...and that is in 30 minutes.

More adventures coming!

1 comment:

Cherish said...

yes ,neg is right.how amazing it is!i admir that!