Sunday, August 06, 2006

Strep throat!

All right! I get it! Obviously my body is trying to tell me to slow down because it's rebelling by not fighting this nasty case of strep throat that has attacked me!

As you might have read, the whole world kept rocking for me yesterday...and not in a "rock my world" sort of way. More of a "if this doesn't stop soon, I'm gonna pass out" way. I turned in pretty early, chills and hot flashes racking my fevered body.

I woke up before anyone in the apartment was up this morning, wanting to go back to sleep, but not being able to. It hurt so bad to swallow and I had the distinct feeling that I may be battling strep. I grabbed my flashlight, took a peek at my throat in the mirror...and what to my wondering eyes should appear? But little white patches all over my throat and swollen tonsils. Gross!

I painfully choked down breakfast and my antibiotics and tried to rest some more. My head, neck, and shoulders were tight and sore. I got ready and, semi-deliriously, shuffled my heels to church.

I couldn't concentrate in the classes because it was so hot, my head hurt, and I just wanted to lie down. I ended up waiting in the foyer until church was over.

I am feeling much better...my fever is gone and the world has stopped teetering back and forth. I think I will take a nap, though, and try to convince my body that I really am taking care of it and it can go back to fighting off bacterial infections!

1 comment: